This Asian-inspired Foil Wrapped Salmon with Snow Peas and Mushrooms is flavored with ingredients like of ginger, garlic, and lemon and can be made on the grill or baked in the oven. The recipe is Whole30 and Keto, of course, but the best part? It’s made in a jiffy with almost no cleanup!
Foil Wrapped Salmon
Wrapping salmon in foil is one of the best ways to prepare fish! I love that you can either bake the foil wrapped salmon in the oven or throw it on the grill.
And because the fish and vegetables steam inside the foil, keeping it moist and tender without overcooking or drying out. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and I still find it fool-proof.
I’m not a huge fan of hot dogs, so I’ve been known to show up at a BBQ in the summer with a packet of my own fish ready to put on the grill. I know, I know, but I only do this with close friends.
What you’ll need:
- Snow Peas
- Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Lemon Slices
- Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
- Coconut Aminos
- Sesame Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
Making the Recipe
This foil wrapped salmon recipe is shockingly easy. Not only are the ingredients easy to come by (I can find everything I need at every local grocery store), but the whole thing comes together with only a few minutes of hands-on time.
You need to make the simple Asian-inspired marinade and slice the vegetables, but that’s pretty much it. And once that’s done, you’ll simply layer the ingredients right inside individual foil packets.
The salmon will marinate inside the foil packet, so there’s no need to dirty an extra dish!
How to Assemble the Foil Packets:
- Pull the sides of four large pieces of foil up a bit to make a slight bowl-like shape. Divide the sliced mushrooms and snow peas among the four foil pieces, and placing them in a heap in the middle.
- Place one salmon fillet on top of each veggie heap.
- Pour the marinade on top and turn a bit to coat. Add a slice of lemon.
- Seal the foil packets at the sides and top, and allow the fish to marinate inside.
That’s it! You can either bake in the oven or grill outside, whatever you prefer!
Like this recipe? Tap the 5 stars rating below!
Foil Wrapped Salmon with Mushrooms & Snow Peas
- 1 lb salmon 4 fillets, approximately 4-6 oz. each
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice about half a lemon
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp green onions sliced
- 1/2 lemon sliced
Make the Marinade
- Mince the garlic and grate the ginger. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, juice of half of the lemon, coconut aminos, salt, and pepper.
Prepare the Foil Packets
- Slice the mushrooms and green onions and set them aside. Slice the other half of the lemon into rounds.
- Lay out four large sheets of tin foil. Divide the snow peas and sliced mushrooms between them, laying a small pile of veggies in the center of each piece of tin foil. Place one fillet of fish on each and lay a slice of lemon on top of it. Pull the sides of the foil up a bit, and gently press only two of the the ends together.
- Pour the marinade mixture onto each fish, coating the top & bottom. Close the foil, sealing it on the top and sides fully, and let it marinate for about an hour.
- Preheat to 375. Place the fish packets on a cookie sheet and bake for about 18-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish. Open the foil to check for doneness (it should be flakey), and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, and serve immediately.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Carefully place the foil packets on the grill and cook for 10 minutes. Open the foil to check for doneness (it should be flakey), and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, and serve immediately.