This Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie is sweet, refreshing, healthy and absolutely delicious! Made with frozen pineapple, cucumber, ginger and almond milk, it’s like summer in a glass!
Why We Love It
This cucumber pineapple smoothie is made with wholesome, healthy ingredients like pineapple, cucumber, ginger, orange, and almond milk.
It’s Vegan and Paleo compatible, not to mention absolutely delicious, with sweet, floral, and earthy notes. Best of all, it’s super simple to make and a great way too mix up your morning smoothie routine.
If you’re on the fence about adding cucumber to your smoothie, don’t be! Just think of how we love to use cucumber in infused water. It does the same thing in smoothies – adds light, lovely, balancing flavor, along with vitamins and fiber.
Now grab your blender and let’s get going!
- Pineapple. Fresh or frozen pineapple adds tropical sweetness and tons of juicy flavor.
- Cucumber. Frozen cucumber adds a mild, unmistakeable flavor to your smoothie that’s cool and soothing. I like to use English cucumbers because they’re seedless, but any kind of cucumber that you have will work great.
- Orange. Oranges add juicy sweetness and balance out the tart pineapple.
- Almond Milk. Be sure to use unsweetened and unflavored almond milk. Alternately, you can substitute any other type of milk, like coconut milk, oat milk, or cow’s milk, depending on your dietary preferences.
- Ginger. Adding ginger to your smoothie adds a burst of flavor and adds healthy, anti-inflammatory properties. You can use fresh or frozen ginger interchangeably.
👉 Use frozen ingredients for a thicker, milkshake-like consistency.
👉 Use fresh ingredients for a thinner, juice-like consistency.
Optional Ingredients (add any for extra flavor!)
- Banana. Bananas are a fabulous addition to pretty much any smoothie. They add sweetness and creamy texture without overpowering the flavor of the other ingredients.
- Collagen. If you want some protein in your smoothie, the easiest way is to add a scoop of collagen or any other protein powder you enjoy.
- Chia Seeds. One to two teaspoons of chia seeds are a great addition to any smoothie. Chia seeds add healthy fat, protein, and fiber. They’ll also thicken the smoothie over time.
How to Make It
The beauty of smoothie recipes is in just how easy they are to make! Just grab your ingredients and your blender adn get started!
Step 1: Prep the ingredients. Always wash your fruits and vegetables well. Cut them into small pieces that can be broken down by your blender easier. You can peel the cucumber if you’d like, but I don’t. It’s just a preference thing!
Step 2: Add the pineapple, cucumber, orange, ginger, and almond milk to your blender. Cover and blend until smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Pour into two glasses and drink right away!
Tips & Info
To Make Ahead:
Smoothies are usually best when enjoyed right away, but you can make it up to a day in advance. Just keep it covered tightly and refrigerated until you’re ready to drink it.
Alternately, you can prepare all the ingredients and make a ready-to-blend smoothie pack. Add all the prepared ingredients except milk to a freezer-safe bag, squeeze all the air out and seal it, then store in the freezer until you’re ready to blend it.
To Store Leftovers:
If you have any leftover smoothie, make smoothie cubes! Pour leftover smoothie into silicone trays and set in the freezer.
Once it’s frozen, pop out the cubes and store them in an airtight container or bag in the freezer.
You can add a few to your future smoothies for an instant flavor boost!
Making this smoothie? I’d love to hear about your experience!
Please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Cucumber Pineapple Smoothie
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups frozen diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced cucumber
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups diced pineapple fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber fresh or frozen
- 1 medium orange
- 1/2 inch ginger (about 1 teaspoon sliced ginger)
- Prepare the ingredients by washing the fruits and vegetables well. Cut them into small pieces that can be broken down by your blender.
- Add the pineapple, cucumber, orange, ginger, and almond milk to your blender. Cover and blend on High until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into two glasses and drink right away!