Easy Mediterranean Salad with Tuna and Creamy Lemon Dressing
A super fast and simple pescatarian salad made with canned tuna, lots of fresh vegetables, and a creamy lemon, dill and garlic dressing.
Servings 2 servings
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 1 red bell pepper
Creamy Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or substitute plain greek yogurt (however this is NOT Paleo or Whole30 compliant)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Assemble & Serve!
Add the lettuce to a large bowl, then assemble all the ingredients on top. Drizzle the salad with the salad dressing. Toss it gently and divide between two plates or bowls. Salad Dressing Notes:
- If you're using coconut milk, bring it to room temp before you whisk it together to avoid it clumping.
- If you're storing the finished salad dressing in the refrigerator for later, you can gently warm it in the microwave for 5 seconds at a time, before drizzling over the salad.
- Feel free to swap out other protein sources, like hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken, or shrimp. They'll all be delicious!!
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 761mg | Potassium: 1413mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 10340IU | Vitamin C: 94mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 7mg