Are you as crazy over Costco grocery shopping as I am? You’re in the right place! I put together a Whole30 Costco shopping guide and list for you to see all the Whole30 compliant and Whole30 approved meat, seafood, pantry staples, condiments, and more for your shopping list at Costco, complete with the ingredients and price of each item!
Whole30 Costco Grocery List
Okay, let’s do this! You can skip ahead to the following grocery categories:
Whole30 Grocery Shopping Info
I say this often, but just please remember — Your groceries don’t have to be organic, non-gmo, plastic free, freshly picked, and kissed by a unicorn. Of course, all of those options are wonderful, but it’s not feasible for most of us.
Choose your groceries based on what you can afford and what’s available, and keep it moving .
Remember, ALL fruits, veggies, nuts, meat, eggs, and seafood are compliant, as long as they don’t have anything non-compliant added to it. So the .89 cent/dozen eggs are TOTALLY compliant, and the regular ground beef is cool too!
One other helpful tip: Focus on what you can have, instead of what you cannot. A huge variety of real foods are available to us here in the US, even when we’re on a budget, and that’s quite a privilege.
Most importantly, always check and double check your ingredients labels to make sure your groceries are Whole30 compliant!
Whole30 Meat, Seafood, and Eggs at Costco
One of the best things you can do is keep your fridge and freezer stocked with easy and versatile proteins. Costco did NOT disappoint here. Check out all the Whole30 options and add some to your shopping list for the week!
What I found:
Prepped & Ready to Go
- Amylu Italian Chicken Meatballs: $13.99 for 2 lbs.
I just tried these for the first time and really enjoyed them! Add some zucchini noodles and sauce and you’ve got a delicious, Whole30 compliant quick weeknight dinner.
Ingredients: Organic Chicken, Sea Salt, Organic Spices, Vinegar, Organic Garlic, Organic Extract of Rosemary.
- Aidell’s Chicken & Apple Sausages: $13.99 for 3 lbs.
Ingredients: Chicken, Dried Apple, Contains 2% or less of the following: Salt, Fruit Juice Concentrate (apple, pineapple, pear, and peach), Spices, Celery Powder, Sea Salt. Stuffed in a natural pork casing.
- Kirkland Smoked Pulled Pork: $10.99 for 2 lbs.
Ingredients: Pork, water, salt, spice extract, sodium nitrite, smoke. *Nitrates and nitrites are permissible on Whole30. I keep the Whole30 Additives Cheat Sheet bookmarked for reference.
- Amylu Breakfast Sausages: $11.99 for 2.5 lbs.
This is another new find for me! I really enjoyed adding them to my breakfast bowls this week.
Ingredients: Organic Chicken, Sea Salt, Organic Spices, Vinegar, Organic Parsley, Organic Extract of Rosemary
- TruGrill Grilled Chicken Strips: $9.39 for 2 lbs.
Ingredients: Chicken (Boneless Chicken Breast, Water, contains 2% or less of the following: Vinegar, Salt, Natural Flavors)
- Kirkland Organic Hard Boiled Eggs: $9.49 for 16 packs of two eggs, 32 eggs in total (it was on sale for $7.49 while I was there).
Ingredients: Organic Eggs
- Teton Waters Ranch Polish Sausage (Whole30 Approved!): $13.79 for 2.2 lbs.
Ingredients: Grass-Fed Beef, Water, Less than 2% of the following: Sea Salt, Vinegar, Spices including Paprika, Celery Powder, Garlic Powder, Cherry Powder
Meat & Eggs
Whole30 Success Tips: 1. Stock the freezer with plenty of compliant meat 2. NEVER RUN OUT OF EGGS. I’m not even joking. If you’ve got eggs and a freezer full of meat, you’ll be okay. Costco is great place to get both!
Here’s what I found:
- Kirkland Organic Whole Chicken: $2.29 per pound (each bundle of 2 chickens was around $22-$25).
- Kirkland Organic Eggs: $5.99 for 2 dozen (24 eggs)
- Boneless Pork Belly: $3.99 per pound
- Swift Premium Pork: $1.99 per pound.
I’ve also seen Smithfield brand at Costco. Either way, this is a great way to feed a crowd! Carnitas, anyone?
Ingredients: Pork, Salt, Natural Flavoring.
- Great Range Ground Bison: $19.99 for 2.5 lbs.
- Kirkland Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: $2.89 per pound, sold in 3 packages of about 3 lbs each (9 lbs total).
Use them to make Tuscan Chicken!
- Farm to Family Organic Ground Turkey: $5.49 per pound (soldin packages of 3).
I make Egg Roll in a Bowl with ground turkey!
- Kirkland Organic Ground Beef: $21.99 for 4 lbs.
Lunch Meat & Bacon
I always appreciate finding compliant lunch meat and bacon, because even though they’re both becoming readily available, it’s still pretty hard to find them. Here’s what I found at Costco:
- Parma Prosciutto: $11.69 for 12 oz.
Use it to make Prosciutto Wrapped Pears or Prosciutto Egg Cups
Ingredients: Pork, Salt.
- Citterio Prosciutto: $9.99 for 16 oz.
Ingredients: Pork, Salt.
- Plainville Farms Organic Turkey Breast: $13.79 for three 9 oz. packages.
Use it for a quick Whole30 lunch or delicious snack!
Ingredients: Organic turkey breast, water, sea salt.
- Kirkland Low Sodium Bacon: $11.79 for 4 lbs.
SO. MANY. USES. but how about my Whole30 Broccoli and Bacon Salad?
Ingredients: Pork Cured with Water, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite. Smoked with Hickory (Photo below)
There are lots and lots of seafood options available at Costco. Always be sure to double check ingredients, because there can be weird things added occasionally. Here are some fun things I found:
- Kirkland Wild Caught Atlantic Cod (Frozen): $16.49
- Kirkland Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon (Frozen): $29.99.
Use it to make my Whole30 Blackened Salmon with Peach Salsa!
- Kirkland Wild Caught Mahi Mahi (Frozen): $16.49
Ingredients: Mahi Mahi
- Phillips Crab Lump Crab Meat (Refrigerated): $21.99 for 1 lb.
Just think of all the crab dip and crab cakes you can make!!
Ingredients: Crab Meat, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (SAPP) added to prevent the formation of struvite crystals
- Chicken of the Sea Crab (Refrigerated): $19.99 for 1 lb.
Ingredients: Pasteurized Crab Meat, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate
- Kirkland Shrimp (Frozen, and Cooked or Raw): Lots of options, priced from $15.79 to $22.49, depending on size.
Whole30 Pantry Groceries at Costco
All the groceries you need for your Whole30 pantry! I was so impressed by how many compliant things available at Costco.
Here’s what I found:
Stocks, Broths, & Collagen
- Culinary Treasures Organic Chicken Bone Broth: $15.99 for 6 32 oz. containers (It was on sale for $12.79 when I was there).
Ingredients: Organic Chicken Stock, Organic Chicken Flavor
- Kirkland Organic Chicken Stock: $10.79 for six 1 qt. cartons
Ingredients: Organic Chicken Stock, Organic Vegetable Stock (Organic Carrot, Organic Celery Root, Organic Onion Juice Concentrate), Sea Salt, Natural Flavor, Organic Turmeric Concentrate, Organic Ground Bay Leaves and Organic Black Pepper Extract.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides: $23.99 for 24 oz.
Use it in my Collagen Kombucha Mocktail, Avocado & Berry Smoothie, or my Paleo Pumpkin-Chocolate Bites.
Costco also has individual packets of beauty collagen, available online and at select stores!
Ingredients: Bovine Hide Collagen Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid (from sodium hyaluronate), Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
Cooking Oils + Vinegar
- Ottavio Avocado Oil: $9.49
Ingredients: Avocado Oil
- Kirkland California Extra Virgin Olive Oil: $9.69
Ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kirkland Aged Balsamic Vinegar: $10.99 for 1 liter
Ingredients: Cooked and Concentrated Grape Must, Red Wine Vinegar.
- Kirkland Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil: $12.89
Ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil: $13.99
Ingredients: 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Nanak Ghee: $19.99
Ingredients: Milk Fat
- *KerryGold Butter: $12.99 for three 8 oz. bars
Please note: Butter is NOT Whole30 compliant, however I wanted to include it in this list because many people buy Kerrygold butter to make homemade Whole30 compliant, homemade ghee, because Kerrygold is very high quality butter. Once the milk solids are removed during the cooking process, it becomes Whole30 compliant ghee that tastes delicious!
Ingredients: Pasteurized Cream, Salt
- Lucini Tomato Basil Sauce (Whole30 Approved!): $9.89 for 3 jars, 25.5 oz. each
This is a very mild tasting sauce, so it’d be easy to use it to make Whole30 Shakshuka.
Ingredients: Organic tomatoes, Organic vegetables (onions, carrots), organic extra virgin olive oil, organic basil, sea salt.
- Rao’s Homemade Marinara (Whole30 Approved!): $10.59 for 2 jars, 28 oz. each
Eat it with sautéed ground beef and some spaghetti squash, and you’ve got yourself a meal!
Ingredients: Italian whole peeled tomatoes, olive oil, onions, salt, garlic, basil, black pepper, dried oregano
- Wild Planet Albacore Tuna: $14.99 for 6 cans, 5 oz. each
- Ingredients: Albacore Tuna and Sea Salt.
- Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Oil: $13.99 for 6 cans, 7.7 oz. each (it was on sale for $10.99 when I was there)
Ingredients: Solid White Albacore Tuna, Olive Oil, Salt
- Wild Planet Pacific Sardines: $9.99 for 6 cans, 4.4 oz. each
Ingredients: Sardines, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Water, Sea Salt, Aqueous Natural Smoke.
- Wild Planet Wild White Anchovies: $9.99 for 6 cans, 4.4 oz. each
Anchovies are the secret to adding savory flavor to your dishes! I use it in Caesar dressing.
Ingredients: Anchovies, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Water, Sea Salt
Nuts & Seeds
When choosing Whole30 compliant nuts and seeds, always check for noncompliant oils like peanut oil, and for added sugars.
Costco had a TON of Whole30 compliant options for nuts. You’ll find everything from walnuts to pine nuts to sunflower seeds and more! I included a select few here that I thought were pretty unique to find without added oils or other additives.
- Kirkland Shelled Pistachios: $13.99 for 1.5 lbs.
Ingredients: Pistachios, Sea Salt.
- Kirkland Organic Almonds: $14.89 for 1.7 lbs.
- Ingredients: Organic Almonds.
- Kirkland Pecans: $11.99 for 2 lbs.
- Sprouted Organic Pumpkin Seeds: $8.99 for 22 oz.
Ingredients: Organic Sprouted Shelled Pumpkin Seeds, Sea Salt.
Nut butters are your BFF for a plated fat. I use almond butter in a lot of recipes, and it’s in my most popular recipe, my Orange Sesame Chicken and Broccoli! It was cool to see a few different options available!
- Kirkland Almond Butter: $7.69 for 27 oz.
Ingredients: Roasted Almonds
- Kirkland Mixed Nut Butter with Seeds: $7.99 for 27 oz.
Ingredients: Almonds, Cashews, Pumpkin Seeds, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds.
- NuttZo Nut & Seed Butter: $14.99 for 26 oz.
Ingredients: Cashews, Almonds, Brazil nuts, Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, Hazelnuts, Pumpkin Seeds, Celtic Sea Salt.
Misc. Pantry Staples
- Almond Flour: $13.49 for 3 lbs.
Ingredients: Blanched Almonds
- Pitted Dates: $9.99 for 40 oz.
Ingredients: Organic California Dried Dates
- Medjool Dates (in the fresh fruit aisle): $11.99 for 2 lbs.
Ingredients: Medjool Dates
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: $4.99 for 11.5 oz.
This is one of my all-time favorite seasonings. I use it A LOT. Like, every day. Try it with Smoked Salmon & Eggs Platter!
Ingredients: Sesame Seeds, Salt, Dehydrated Garlic, Dehydrated Onion, Black Sesame Seeds, Poppy Seeds.
- Organic No Salt Seasoning: $9.49 for 14.5 oz.
Organic Onion, Organic Garlic, Organic Carrot, Organic Black Pepper, Organic Red Bell Pepper, Organic Tomato Granules, Organic Orange Peel, Organic Parsley, Organic Bay Leaves, Organic Thyme, Organic Basil, Organic Celery, Organic Lemon Peel, Organic Oregano, Organic Savory, Organic Mustard Seed, Organic Cumin, Organic Marjoram, Organic Coriander, Organic Cayenne Pepper, Citric Acid, Organic Rosemary.
Whole30 Snacks, Travel & Emergency Foods
My Whole30 Mantra: Never be unprepared! Snacks can be an important part of your Whole30. And when you’re on the road, stuck at work, or what have you, it’ important to have some Whole30 compliant snacks and emergency food items on hand.
Here’s what I found at Costco:
- Greenridge Beef Snack Stick: $13.59 for 3 packages, 2.25 lbs total. Find them in the refrigerated section.
Ingredients: Beef, Water, Sea Salt, Celery Powder, Vinegar, Garlic and Natural Flavors
- Kirkland Organic Roasted Seaweed: $7.89 for 10 packages.
Ingredients: Organic Seaweed, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Sesame Oil, Sea Salt.
- Nature’s Earthly Choice Cauliflower Rice Packets: $10.99 for 6 8.5 oz. packets.
They’re shelf stable, so they’d be great for a quick vegetable while traveling!
Ingredients: Cauliflower, Water, Malic Acid.
- Safe Catch Ahi Tuna Packages: $11.99 for eight 3 oz. packages
Ingredients: Yellowfin Tuna, Sea Salt
- Country Archer Mini Beef Sticks: $14.99 for 28 pieces (less than a pound).
Ingredients: Grass-fed Beef, Water, Sea Salt, Encapsulated Lactic Acid, Cultured Celery Powder (Celery Powder, Sea Salt), Garlic Powder, Red Pepper, Black Pepper, Coriander, Onion Powder, White Pepper, Ground Nutmeg, Parsley, Beef Collagen Casing.
Compliant Condiments at Costco
We’ve got a LOT of Whole30 compliant mayos, sauces, spreads, dips, and more to cover, so check them out and add some to your Costco shopping list!
Eagle-eyed Whole30 fans will notice I didn’t list bacon here… but that’s just because I heart bacon too much to list it under the condiments. Ideally, bacon would get its own category. A girl can dream, can’t she?
Here are the Whole30 compliant condiments I found at Costco:
Sauces & Spreads
- Chosen Foods Traditional Mayo: $6.99 for 24 oz.
Use it to make homemade Special Sauce!
Ingredients: Avocado Oil, Filtered Water, Egg Yolks, Organic Distilled White Vinegar, Organic Mustard (Distilled Organic Vinegar, Water, Organic Mustard Seed, Salt, Organic Spices), Salt, Organic Rosemary Extract.
- Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayo: $8.99 for 32 oz. (it was on sale for $7.19 when I was there).
I love this mayo – it’s at the top of my list of Whole30 Mayo Brands!
Ingredients: Avocado Oil, Certified Humane Free Range Egg Yolks, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Lime Juice Concentrate, Mustard Flour, Mustard Extract, Black Pepper, Lime Oil.
- Frank’s RedHot Sauce: $6.99 for two 25 oz. bottles.
Use it when you make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes or Buffalo Chicken Nachos!
Ingredients: Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Salt, Garlic Powder
Dips & Salsas
- GoodFoods Plant Based Queso: $7.99 for 24 oz.
Ingredients: Cauliflower, Red Bell Pepper, Almonds, Water, Almond Butter, Apple Cider Vinegar, Red Onions, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Sea Salt, Nutritional Yeast, Chia Protein, Ground Cumin, Ground Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper.
- GoodFoods Chunky Guacamole: $9.99 for three 10 oz. tubs
Ingredients: Hass Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Lime
- Sunbelt Organic Salsa: $7.99 for 30 oz.
This is a giant container and I always find it really delicious! Add it to my Weeknight Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers or anything that needs a little kick!
Ingredients: Organic Tomato, Organic Cucumber, Organic Green Pepper, Organic Red Pepper, Organic Onion, Organic Cilantro, Organic Lime Juice, Organic Tomato Juice, Organic Garlic, Organic Chili Pepper, Salt.
- Mateo’s Gourmet Salsa: $6.49 for 32 oz.
Tomatoes, Water, Jalapeno Peppers, Dehydrated Garlic, Salt, Cilantro, Red Wine Vinegar, Spices, Lemon Juice Concentrate.
- WildBrine Sauerkraut: $8.49 for 50 oz.
Use it in my German Pork & Sauerkraut recipe!
Ingredients: Organic Green Cabbage, Sea Salt, Organic Garlic.
- Del Destino Red Peppers: $5.59 for 46 oz.
Organic Roasted Whole Red Peppers, Salt, Water, and Citric Acid
- Kirkland Artichoke Hearts: $9.89 for two containers, 33 oz. each.
Ingredients: Trimmed Artichoke Hearts, Water, Canola Oil, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Garlic, Spices, Citric Acid and Ascorbic Acid to Preserve Color.
- Parthenon Kalamata Olives: $7.59 for 1.69 lbs.
Ingredients: Kalamata Olives, Water, Red Wine Vinegar, Sea Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Now I really do love you, Costco, and I love all the awesome condiments I found at your store, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring Whole30 compliant ketchup to your stores! Pretty please?
Whole30 Compliant Drinks at Costco
No, you don’t just have to drink water on your Whole30. Always check your labels for added sugars and sweeteners, but naturally flavored drinks are great for keeping hydrated (and making Whole30 mocktails)!
Here are the Whole30 compliant drinks I found at Costco:
- Perrier Flavored Carbonated Mineral Water: $17.49 for 24 bottles.
Ingredients: Carbonated Mineral Water, Natural Flavors
- LaCroix Curate: $9.49 for 24 cans
Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Natural Essence
- Waterloo Sparkling Flavored Waters: $8.49 for 24 cans
Use the Grapefruit Flavor to make a Grapefruit Sage Sparkler!
Ingredients: Purified Carbonated Water, Natural Flavors
- Spindrift Sparkling Water & Fruit Juice: $15.59 for 30 cans
Ingredients: Sparkling Water, Fresh Juice (depends on flavor), Citric Acid.
- Kirkland Sparkling Water: $8.69 for 35 cans
Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Natural Essence (Flavors)
- Kirkland Cold Brew Coffee: 10.99 for 12 cans, 11 oz. each
Ingredients: Cold Brew Coffee (Water, Coffee Extract)
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water: $12.99 for six 14 oz. containers
Ingredients: Organic Coconut Water (Fair Trade Certified)
- Zico Coconut Water: $16.89 for 18 containers, each 11 oz.
Ingredients: Coconut Water
- GT’s Kombucha: $14.49 for six 16 oz. bottles
Ingredients: GT’s Kombucha (Kombucha Culture, Black Tea, Green Tea, Kiwi Juice), Fresh Pressed Ginger Juice
- Pom Wonderful: $9.99 for 60 oz (it was on sale for $6.99 while I was there).
Ingredients: 100% Pomegranate Juice from Concentrate
Fruits & Veggies at Costco
- Maas River Butternut Squash Ingredients: $8.79 for 5 lbs.
Use it to make Kielbasa & Butternut Squash Skillet!
Ingredients: Organic, Non GMO Butternut Squash
- Green Giant Organic Riced Cauliflower: $7.99 for 48 oz.
I use this in Cauliflower Tabbouleh!
Ingredients: Organic Cauliflower
- Green Giant Organic Zucchini Spirals: $10.99 for three 12 oz. packs.
- Kirkland Normandy Style Vegetable Blend: $6.79 for 5.5 lbs.
Ingredients: Broccoli Florets, Cauliflower Florets, Carrots, Yellow Carrots
- Kirkland Stir Fry Vegetable Blend: $8.79 for 5.5 lbs.
Ingredients: Broccoli, Sugar Snap Peas, Green Beans, Carrots, Yellow Carrots, Mushrooms, Red Bell Peppers, Water Chestnuts and Onions.
- TropicLand Organic Broccoli Florets: $7.79 for 4 lbs.
Use it to make a Broccoli & Sausage Frittata!
Ingredients: Organic Broccoli
Convenience & Pre-Cooked Veggies
I was pleasantly surprised to see these items available! They’re great for busy weeknights.
- Main St. Bistro Oven Roasted Potatoes: $7.99 for two 20 oz. packages.
The perfect side dish for Pot Roast and basically any other meal.
Ingredients: Red, Yellow, and Purple Potatoes, Avocado Oil, Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- Love Beets Pre-Cooked Beets: $7.99
Ingredients: Organic Beets
- Garland Fresh Peeled Garlic: $6.99
Anyone else use garlic by the pound? When I buy this much, I blend and freeze it to use as needed. You can use it in Dairy Free Pesto!
Ingredients: Fresh Peeled Garlic Cloves
- Brussels Sprouts: $4.49 for 2 lbs.
Use it for my Sheetpan Salmon & Brussels Sprouts Salad.
- Broccoli: $4.99 for 2 lbs.
Use it to make a Broccoli & Sausage Frittata!
- Asparagus: $6.69 for 2.25 lbs.
Use it to make my Bacon Wrapped Asparagus!
- Hass Avocados: $5.99 for 6
Make my Mango Guacamole!
- Organic Baby Carrots: $5.29 for 2 bags, 2 lbs. each
- Organic Whole Carrots: $5.99 for 4 lbs.
Meal prep like a pro with my Curry Carrot Chicken Salad.
- Fresh Mushrooms: $3.49 for 24 oz.
Use them in my Asian Steak, Asparagus and Mushroom Kebabs!
- Josie’s Organics Baby Spinach: $3.99 for 1 lb.
Use it in my Easy Tuscan Chicken recipe.
- EarthBound Farms Organic Power Greens: $6.49 for 1.5 lbs
The star of my Gnocchi & Sausage Power Greens Skillet (this is the one non-Whole30 recipe I’m sharing in this post, but it’s 100% Paleo!)
- Organic Romaine Hearts: $5.49 for 6
The perfect wrap for my Whole30 Fried Avocado BLTs!
- Clementines: $6.49 for 5 lbs.
- Grapefruits: $7.99 for 8 lbs
Use it to make a Grapefruit Sage Sparkler
- Plantains: $3.49 for 5 lbs.
Fried Plantains are the star of the show: Barbacoa and Fried Plantain Sliders
- Bananas: $1.39 for 3 lbs.
- Golden Pineapple: $2.99 each
Make BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Pineapple Slaw
- Red Delicious Apples: $9.99 for 10 lbs.
Make Apple Walnut Chicken Salad
Did you make it all the way to the end of my Whole30 Costco grocery guide?
If the answer is yes, leave a comment below and tell me what you think! Did I miss anything? Did I include your favorites?
Be sure to pin it for later: