Make sure you’ve got a napkin handy, because this Wedge Salad Sandwich is going to get a little messy! It’s so worth it though, because it’s got everything you want in your Low Carb/Keto sandwich: Crunchy iceberg lettuce, tangy blue cheese, crispy bacon, sweet tomatoes, and creamy avocado.
Making Healthy Swaps
Now there’s nothing wrong with bread. I love bread! But I’m of a mind that everything should be in moderation, and a lot of us avoid gluten, grains, and carbs for various reasons. Needless to say, I’m always excited to find healthier alternatives to bread that taste amazing!
This sandwich is just as epic as those, if not more! It’s got all the things you love about a Wedge Salad, jam packed into a keto sandwich (with an easy Paleo / Whole30 adaptation!).
Get excited, because you miiiight even have all these things in your fridge for this already. Okay, so here’s what you’ll need:
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Sugar Free Bacon: This is the only cooking involved in the recipe. Less dishes = happy Laura.
- Red Onion: Raw or pickled, your choice!
- Blue Cheese*
Alternately, you could use Whole30 Approved Mayo or balsamic vinaigrette.
Making the Sandwich
It’s really quite simple! Once your bacon is cooked, assemble the sandwich by removing the outer most iceberg lettuce then slicing the whole head in half. Layer on the blue cheese, sliced veggies, and bacon.
Carefully put the sandwich halves together, then cut it in half. DONE! Now please tell me in the comments, are you making this tonight??!!
More Healthy & Delicious Recipes:
- Tomato-Basil Grilled Turkey Breast Salad (Low Carb, Whole30)
- Bacon, Blue Cheese, & Pecan Spinach Salad (Gluten Free)
- Easy Collard Green Wraps (Low Carb, Whole30)
- Broccoli Bacon Salad (Whole30)
- Chicken & Bacon Caesar Salad (Low Carb, Whole30)
Like this recipe? Please drop a star rating below!
Wedge Salad Sandwich (Keto, Whole30)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/8 cup blue cheese or substitute compliant ranch to be for Whole30
- 4 slices sugar free bacon
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/8 cup red onion sliced thinly
- black pepper to taste
Prep the Ingredients
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Meanwhile, slice the avocado and tomato, and thinly slice the onion.
- Remove the outer leaves and bottom core from a head of iceberg lettuce, then slice it into two halves.
Assemble the Sandwich
- Spread blue cheese dressing on the inside with a crack of black pepper.⠀Layer a few tomato slices and thinly sliced onion inside the lettuce. Add slices of avocado and bacon.
- Carefully close the sandwich, cut in half, and eat it right away. ⠀