The ORIGINAL Whole30 Fried Avocado BLT recipe from 2015! It’s made with sugar free bacon, fresh tomatoes, and soft boiled eggs. They’re super flavorful and so easy! They’re Paleo, gluten free, and totally kid-friendly (because really, what kid doesn’t like bacon?).
Bacon and Avocado Magic
If you like avocados (and I mean, who doesn’t, right?), you probably enjoy avocado toast and guacamole on the regular. But have you tried cooking your avocados?
DAYUM, it’s a whole new world for us avocado lovers. Here, I lightly pan fried the avocado slices so they’re crunchy on the outside and super creamy on the inside, the perfect thing to take your lettuce wrapped BLT to the next level. No joke, I could eat this every. single. day.
And do you want to know how to make my husband happy? Bacon. That’s pretty much all it takes. Want to know his favorite way to eat bacon? On a BLT.
Want to know how to make my husband happy? Bacon. That’s pretty much all it takes. Want to know his favorite way to eat bacon? On a BLT.
So when we did our first round of Whole30, he wasn’t especially happy to give up his favorite sandwich because bread, AND bacon were out. We could make our own mayo, but there was no such thing as Whole30 compliant Mayo.
I could make my own Whole30 mayo, and bacon itself is compliant, so long as it’d made without sugar… but we just couldn’t find Whole30 compliant bacon anywhere. This was back in 2014, when sugar-free bacon was pretty elusive. I even asked a butcher once about it, and he straight up laughed at me!
But in 2018, paleo bacon lovers can rejoice! Sugar-free bacon is actually pretty easy to find now! A lot of grocery stores stock them and it’s readily available online.
My favorite sugar-free, Whole30 Approved bacon is Naked Bacon, though. It’s made with in small batches with a 150 year old secret family recipe, so it’s super flavorful and unlike anything else out there. Try it out, trust me on this one. But I digress.
I’d love to see what you’re cooking up at home — be sure to tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Fried Avocado BLT
- 8 leaves lettuce I prefer romaine or iceberg for a nice crunch
- 1 lb compliant bacon cooked and slightly cooled
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- mayo be sure it’s compliant
- 2-3 medium tomatoes
- 2 avocados ripe, but still firm
- 3-4 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon unflavored compliant almond milk
- ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons cayenne
- ½ teaspoons salt
- In a medium bowl, stir the coconut flour, cayenne, salt, garlic powder together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and almond milk.
- Cut your avocados into bite size pieces, so you’ll have around 6-8 per avocado.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Gently dredge the avocado in the eggs, then the coconut flour mixture and pan fry for about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the avocados and serve on a lettuce wrap with compliant mayo, tomato slices, bacon, a crack of black pepper and salt and a soft boiled egg.