This French Onion Pork Chops Skillet recipe is made in one skillet with boneless pork chops, and it’s completely Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb, and Gluten Free. The flavors are just totally cozy and delicious, and it’s absolutely perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or entertaining friends.
Making the Recipe
Like so many of my recipes, these boneless pork chops are made in a skillet with just a handful of delicious Paleo and Whole30 ingredients (exactly like my Tuscan Chicken and Sausage & Gnocchi Skillet).
I make it with pre-seasoned pork chops from AdapTable meals, or you can use a quick homemade seasoning blend.
Either way, your whole dinner will be unbelievably yummy and come together SUPER fast… so fast it’s almost suspicious. Except it isn’t at all.
Step by Step
First, heat the oil in a large skillet. As it heats, pat the pork chops with paper towels so they’re dry. Sprinkle on both sides with the seasonings, then add them to the hot pan.
Don’t move the pork chops in the pan as they’re searing, and allow them to brown on each side for about 3 minutes, then set them aside on a plate.
Next, add sliced onions to the same skillet. Lower the heat and cook them low and slow until they’re softened and gooey delicious (it takes a while). Add the garlic, vinegar, and season with salt.
Last, whisk in some coconut cream, broth, and add the pork chops to the skillet again. Bring to a simmer and cook everything together over low heat for another 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
Note: The time will depend on the thickness of your pork chop. Use a meat thermometer to test the internal temperature once it’s rested.
👉 The internal temperature of a cooked pork chop needs to be 145°F (63°C).
Then just sprinkle with some parsley and serve your pork chops with a spoonful of onions and sauce and whatever green veggie you like!
- Instant Pot Pineapple Pork Chops (Whole30, GF)
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings (Paleo, GF)
- Baked Pesto Chicken (Whole30, Keto)
- Skillet Brown Sugar Pork Chops
Like this recipe? Please drop a star rating below!
French Onion Pork Chops Skillet (Whole30, Paleo)
French Onion Pork Chops
- 1 lb. boneless pork chops (or use pre-seasoned AdapTable boneless pork chops)
- 3 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large white onion
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
Pork Chop Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoons oregano
- 1/8 teaspoons thyme
- 4 cups green Beans steamed, roasted, or air fried
- 1 teaspoons fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Brown the Pork Chops
- Heat the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the pork chops with some paper towels so they’re dry. Season them generously on both sides with all the seasonings, then add them to the hot pan. Don’t move the pork chops in the pan as they’re searing, and allow them to brown on each side for about 3 minutes, turning just once. Set them aside on a plate.
Cook the Onions
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Add sliced onions to the same skillet without washing it out. Lower the heat and cook the onions on low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened completely. Add the garlic and vinegar, season with a little salt, and stir. Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
Simmer & Finish
- Last, stir in the coconut cream and broth, scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Return the pork chops to the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer and cook everything together over low heat for another 5-6 minutes or until the pork chops cooked through (the time will depend on the thickness of your pork chop). Use a meat thermometer to test the internal temperature once it’s rested – it should be 145°F (63°C).