Just add some wine and fruit to the classic half lemonade, half iced tea drink, and you’ve got yourself a Boozy Arnold Palmer! It’s the perfect sweet and refreshing alcoholic summer drink!
The Classic Summertime Drink: Arnold Palmer
When I was a teenager, I used to drink Arnold Palmer Iced Tea/Lemonade pretty much by the gallon. Since there was a deli on every corner on Long Island, I could go in and order a 32oz. Arnold Palmer from the fountain. Almost every day on my way to work, that’s exactly what I did. I had the best job ever, by the way — because I worked at the beach!
But yeah, Arnold Palmers were part of my daily routine, mostly because I just couldn’t get enough of the stuff!
I outgrew that phase, once I found out that drinking about 3 cups worth of refined sugar every day probably isn’t the best for me. So right around the time I discovered Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee, I gave it up.
You live and you learn, right? Even so, after all these years, there’s still nothing better than a nice sweet glass of Arnold Palmer from time to time. And today is one of those times, except I’ll be making a boozy Arnold palmer this time!
Let’s Celebrate! It’s National Lemonade Day
Apparently, today is National Lemonade Day. Sure, let’s call that’s a holiday.
As soon as I found out about it, I was excited! I knew I just couldn’t pass up such a silly opportunity to have some fun! And the perfect way to celebrate? With a nice icy glass of my old friend, Arnold Palmer. This time, I’d want to add a little something fancy to it, because I am an adult now, after all.
Here’s the adult version of my childhood favorite, and a great drink to enjoy in a frosty glass on a hot day. It’s also good for whenever you decide to have an impromptu celebration for a completely legitimate national holiday… not that I’d know. It’s the Fruity, Boozy Arnold Palmer!
- Unsweetened Iced Tea
- White Wine
- Fresh Ginger
- Mint Leaves
- Fresh Fruit: Peach, Strawberries, Lemon
- If you don’t want alcohol: Feel free to make it without the booze, and it’ll just be a fruity version of the classic!
- You can spike your regular sweetened iced tea this way too. Follow the recipe, just double the iced tea and omit the lemonade.
If the seasons are changing as you read this, be sure to check out one of my favorite fall cocktail, the Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail Slushie.
Like this recipe? Drop a rating & comment below, and be sure to tag me on Instagram!
Boozy Fruity Arnold Palmer
- 2 cups unsweetened iced tea
- 2 cups lemonade
- 1 1/2 cup white wine (I used pinot grigio because I had it open)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 peach, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 lemon, divided in two
- 20 mint leaves
- In a small pan, heat water, sugar, ginger, peaches and strawberries. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low and cook down for about 5 minutes.
- This will make a quick infused simple syrup, and it can be made a day in advance and kept chilling in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
- Strain the fruit and set aside. Pour the syrup into a large pitcher, then add lemonade, iced tea, and white wine. Juice 1/2 lemon and stir in the lemon juice.
- Fill glasses with 1/3 cup of the fruit mixture and a few mint leaves and muddle in each glass. Add a few ice cubes to each glass, then fill each from the pitcher. Slice the remaining 1/2 lemon and garnish each glass with a slice.