Jump to Recipe
Just add some wine and fruit to the classic half lemonade, half iced tea drink, and you’ve got yourself a Boozy Arnold Palmer! It’s the perfect sweet and refreshing alcoholic summer drink!
The Classic Summertime Drink: Arnold Palmer
When I was a teenager, I used to drink Arnold Palmer Iced Tea/Lemonade pretty much by the gallon. Since there was a deli on every corner on Long Island, I could go in and order a 32oz. Arnold Palmer from the fountain. Almost every day on my way to work, that’s exactly what I did. I had the best job ever, by the way — because I worked at the beach!
But yeah, Arnold Palmers were part of my daily routine, mostly because I just couldn’t get enough of the stuff!
I outgrew that phase, once I found out that drinking about 3 cups worth of refined sugar every day probably isn’t the best for me. So right around the time I discovered Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee, I gave it up.
You live and you learn, right? Even so, after all these years, there’s still nothing better than a nice sweet glass of Arnold Palmer from time to time. And today is one of those times, except I’ll be making a boozy Arnold palmer this time!
Let’s Celebrate! It’s National Lemonade Day
Apparently, today is National Lemonade Day. Sure, let’s call that’s a holiday.
As soon as I found out about it, I was excited! I knew I just couldn’t pass up such a silly opportunity to have some fun! And the perfect way to celebrate? With a nice icy glass of my old friend, Arnold Palmer. This time, I’d want to add a little something fancy to it, because I am an adult now, after all.
Here’s the adult version of my childhood favorite, and a great drink to enjoy in a frosty glass on a hot day. It’s also good for whenever you decide to have an impromptu celebration for a completely legitimate national holiday… not that I’d know. It’s the Fruity, Boozy Arnold Palmer!
- Unsweetened Iced Tea
- White Wine
- Fresh Ginger
- Mint Leaves
- Fresh Fruit: Peach, Strawberries, Lemon
- If you don’t want alcohol: Feel free to make it without the booze, and it’ll just be a fruity version of the classic!
- You can spike your regular sweetened iced tea this way too. Follow the recipe, just double the iced tea and omit the lemonade.
Like this recipe? Drop a rating & comment below, and be sure to tag me on Instagram!
Boozy Fruity Arnold Palmer
- 2 cups unsweetened iced tea
- 2 cups lemonade
- 1 1/2 cup white wine (I used pinot grigio because I had it open)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 peach, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 lemon, divided in two
- 20 mint leaves
- In a small pan, heat water, sugar, ginger, peaches and strawberries. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low and cook down for about 5 minutes.
- This will make a quick infused simple syrup, and it can be made a day in advance and kept chilling in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
- Strain the fruit and set aside. Pour the syrup into a large pitcher, then add lemonade, iced tea, and white wine. Juice 1/2 lemon and stir in the lemon juice.
- Fill glasses with 1/3 cup of the fruit mixture and a few mint leaves and muddle in each glass. Add a few ice cubes to each glass, then fill each from the pitcher. Slice the remaining 1/2 lemon and garnish each glass with a slice.