Mix things up with these Grain Free, Whole30 and Paleo Bacon “Cheese” Burger Nachos. Roasted potato rounds are topped with ground beef, bacons, tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, and a dairy free cheese-y red pepper sauce. It’s great for weeknight dinner or a game day appetizer!
Why We Love It
If you know me, you know I love my comfort foods. And I love finding clean and healthy ways to enjoy my old favorites!
Just check out my Big Mac Potato Skins, Buffalo Chicken Nachos, and my Fried Avocado BLT, to name a few!
These bacon cheeseburger nachos are no different! Crispy roasted potato rounds are topped with ground beef, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, sesame seeds, and “cheese” sauce.
It’s everything I love about a cheeseburger, but made into nachos PLUS it’s made with squeaky clean ingredients so it’s Whole30 compatible!
- Ground Beef: I use 85% ground beef seasoned with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Bacon: Choose sugar free bacon, or substitute turkey bacon.
- Pickles: Any kind of dill pickle works great!
- Red Onion, Tomatoes, Lettuce, and Sesame Seeds
- “Cheese” Sauce (see below), or substitute Burger Sauce
Keto/Low Carb Adaptation: To make this recipe low carb, buy carb control tortillas and make your own low carb tortilla chips!
“Cheese” Sauce Ingredients
- Red Bell Pepper. Fresh or frozen will work great!
- Nutritional Yeast
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Salt, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder
Did you notice the quotations around the word “cheese?” They’re there because it’s not cheese.
It’s a dairy free, Paleo and Whole30 compliant, veggie-licious condiment, perfect for drizzling on your nachos!
Let me be clear: This sauce doesn’t taste like nacho cheese. And it’s not meant to taste like nacho cheese. It tastes like a creamy red bell pepper sauce, with a little cheesey goodness from the nutritional yeast.
Making the Nachos
I love how simple it is to make a big platter of bacon cheeseburger nachos! There are just several components to prepare:
Step 1: Blend the “cheese” sauce. Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until creamy. You can make it in advance if you’d like, just cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, until you’re ready to eat!
Step 2: Cook the beef and bacon. Set the bacon aside and once cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.
Step 3: Chop/dice/slice the veggies. Prepare the lettuce, onion, tomatoes, and any other toppings you enjoy.
Step 4: Slice your potatoes thinly with a knife or mandoline, and then toss with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Step 5: Roast the potatoes in the oven or in the air fryer until they’re crispy and perfect.
Even though the potato rounds are the base of the nachos, I cook them last. This ensures they’re crispy when served.
*Important note: Store-bought chips are never Whole30 compatible (it’s a strict rule). Make your own chips if you’re following a Whole30!
Step 6: All that’s left to do is assemble and serve. Easy peasy!
Start by layering the potato crisps on a plate or platter, then top with ground beef, sliced pickles, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and sesame seeds. Drizzle on the cheese sauce and dig in to your nachos!
More Whole30 Game Day Recipes
Making this recipe? I’d love to hear about your experience making it!
Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Bacon “Cheese” Burger Nachos (Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 lb Russet potatoes
- 1-2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoons pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 lb sugar free bacon
- 2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup dill pickles
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
Make the Cheese Sauce
- Meanwhile, add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse to break up the bell peppers, and then blend on high until smooth. If needed, thin with a teaspoon of oil to get the desired consistency. Season to taste.
Prepare the Toppings
- Cook the Beef: In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat, breaking apart as it cooks. Season with the garlic powder and onion powder. Optionally, you can drain the excess grease. Once cooked through, set the beef aside until you're ready to assemble the nachos.
- Cook the Bacon: Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Set the bacon on a paper towel lined plate. Once cool, cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop the lettuce and slice the tomatoes and onions.
Make the Potato Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375. Slice your potatoes thinly into rounds with a sharp knife or mandolin. Pat the slices with a paper towel to dry them, then toss with the olive oil and seasonings to coat.
- Lay the potatoes in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15-17 minutes, turning over halfway through. Watch closely near the end of cook time and remove any that are getting too dark in color before they burn.
Assemble & Serve
- Lay the crispy potatoes on a plate or platter. Top with ground beef, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, pickles, bacon, a big drizzle of the "cheese" sauce, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve immediately.