Mix things up with these Grain Free, Whole30 and Paleo Bacon “Cheese” Burger Nachos. Roasted potato rounds are topped with ground beef, bacons, tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, and a dairy free cheese-y red pepper sauce. It’s great for weeknight dinner or a game day appetizer!
This post may contain affiliate links. I only share products I use and love!
If you know me, you know I love my comfort foods. And I love finding clean and healthy ways to enjoy my old favorites!
These bacon cheeseburger nachos are no different! Crispy roasted potato rounds are topped with ground beef, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, sesame seeds, and “cheese” sauce.
It’s everything I love about a cheeseburger, but made into nachos PLUS it’s made with squeaky clean ingredients!
Making the Nachos
I love how simple it is to make a big platter of bacon cheeseburger nachos! There are just several components to prepare: Cook the beef and bacon, blend the “cheese” sauce, chop/dice/slice the veggies, and lastly, roast the potatoes.
Once that’s done, you just need to assemble and serve. Easy peasy!
Super crispy, homemade Potato Chips!
Slice your potatoes thinly, and then toss with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. You can roast them in the oven or in the air fryer until they’re crispy and perfect.
Note: You can always use Paleo grain-free Siete Tortilla Chips instead to make your nachos. It’ll save you time and effort, and they’re SO unbelievably tasty!
*Important note: Store-bought chips are never Whole30 compliant (it’s a strict rule). Make your own chips if you’re following a Whole30.
Now even though the potato rounds are the base of the nachos, I cook them last. This ensures they’re crispy when served.
Okay, next comes the most important part — the toppings!
Bacon Cheeseburger Nacho Toppings
- Ground Beef: I use 85% ground beef seasoned with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Bacon: Sugar free bacon is my favorite!
- Pickles: Any kind of dill pickle works great, but Grillos are definitely my favorite brand!
- Red Onion, Tomatoes, Lettuce, and Sesame Seeds
- “Cheese” Sauce (see below)
Paleo “Cheese” Sauce
Did you notice the quotations around the word “cheese?” They’re there because it’s not cheese.
It’s a dairy free, Paleo and Whole30 compliant, veggie-licious condiment, perfect for drizzling on your nachos!
Let me be clear: This sauce doesn’t taste like nacho cheese. And t’s not meant to taste like nacho cheese.
It tastes like a creamy red bell pepper sauce, with a little cheesey goodness from the nutritional yeast.
And it’s super delicious! My 7 year old told me it was his favorite part fo the whole dish, except for the bacon. That’s pretty high praise, considering how hard it is to beat really good bacon.
“Cheese” Sauce Ingredients:
- Red Bell Pepper
- Nutritional Yeast
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Salt, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder
Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until creamy. You can make it in advance if you’d like, just cover and keep in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat!
Put it all together!
Now all that’s left is to assemble the nachos. Start by layering the potato crisps on a plate or platter, then top with ground beef, sliced pickles, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and sesame seeds. Drizzle on the cheese sauce and dig in to your Bacon Cheeseburger Nachos!
Pin it for later:
Do you like this recipe? Drop a 5 star rating below!
Bacon “Cheese” Burger Nachos (Paleo, Whole30)
- `1 lb Russet potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 lb sugar free bacon
- 2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup dill pickles
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
Make the Cheese Sauce
- Meanwhile, add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse to break up the bell peppers, and then blend on high until smooth. If needed, thin with a teaspoon of oil to get the desired consistency. Season to taste.
Prepare the Toppings
- Cook the Beef: In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat, breaking apart as it cooks. Season with the garlic powder and onion powder. Optionally, you can drain the excess grease. Once cooked through, set the beef aside until you're ready to assemble the nachos.
- Cook the Bacon: Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Set the bacon on a paper towel lined plate. Once cool, cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop the lettuce and slice the tomatoes and onions.
Make the Potato Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375. Slice your potatoes thinly into rounds with a sharp knife or mandolin. Pat the slices with a paper towel to dry them, then toss with the olive oil and seasonings to coat.
- Lay the potatoes in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15-17 minutes, turning over halfway through. Watch closely near the end of cook time and remove any that are getting too dark in color before they burn.
Assemble & Serve
- Lay the crispy potatoes on a plate or platter. Top with ground beef, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, pickles, bacon, a big drizzle of the "cheese" sauce, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve immediately.