This protein-packed Avocado Berry Smoothie is a great way to start your day! This smoothie is totally gluten free and dairy free, made with mixed fruit, avocado, cauliflower, oats, and collagen. This is one healthy drink that’ll keep you full all morning long!
This Avocado Berry Smoothie with collagen is my favorite way to get good stuff into my youngest son. He’s a little picky in general, but he adores smoothies and is always happy to drink up.
So to get my little guy eating some good veggies and a balanced diet, I sometimes trick him into eating some of his least favorite (and most nutritious) enemies: kale, peas, spinach, avocado, to name a few.
And you know what? I’m a proud hider of vegetables, and if you want proof, check out the secret ingredient some of my other recipes.
Most importantly, a smoothie like this keeps him happy and makes me feel good, too! It only takes 4 minutes to make, it’s packed with ingredients that have tons of vitamins, fiber, fat, and protein, plus it’s big enough for the two of us to share.
🥑 Smoothie Ingredients
The ingredients are all pretty simple, but they all serve a purpose. Here’s what’s in it:
- Mixed fruit. I use a mix of frozen berries and frozen peaches, but any mixed frozen fruit will work great!
- Collagen. I use unflavored collagen peptides.
- Cauliflower. I promise, there’s absolutely no cauliflower taste in this smoothie!
- Unsweetened Almond Milk.
- Avocado: A great source of healthy fat. It’s the key to staying full for longer!
The really nice thing about smoothies is that you can pretty much add whatever you’ve got laying around, plus you can design it to meet your dietary restrictions.
- Vegetarian smoothie: Omit the collagen.
- Lower carb or lower sugar diet smoothie: Omit the peaches and banana, then substitute extra mixed blueberries and raspberries.
- Substitute any type of milk you prefer: Coconut, Oat, or regular cow’s milk would all work great!
- Grain-free / Paleo smoothie: Omit the oats.
Avocado in Smoothies
If you aren’t already putting avocados in your smoothie, you really should start. Not only is adding avocado an awesome way to get healthy fat into your diet (and you need fat!), but it makes the smoothie super creamy and dreamy.
Cauliflower in Smoothies
If there’s one or two veggies that don’t really suit me (ex: green peppers), I move on and find a different option that I like. But if there’s a picky eater in the house, and there’s at least one in mine, creativity is very important.
Adding a little cauliflower to your smoothie is a super simple way to get a little extra good stuff. There is zero cauliflower taste when you mix it with all the fruit and grains, so you don’t even notice it’s in there!
Adding Collagen to Smoothies
Adding grass-fed collagen to your smoothie is a great way to get some extra protein in, and here I used use Vital Proteins. I bought it at Walmart (see my full list of other healthy Walmart groceries)!
If you’re looking for other ways to get your collagen in, my Collagen Kombucha Mocktail recipe is one of the most delicious ways to incorporate collagen into your diet! And be sure to check out my recipe for Collagen-infused Chili Stuffed Potato Skins recipe (it’s Whole30!).
More healthy smoothie recipes:
- Banana Orange Protein Smoothie: Beautifully balanced with flavors of ginger, Greek yogurt, and fruit.
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie: A family favorite that tastes like pure sunshine!
- Mango Banana Smoothie: Only 3 ingredients!
- Kiwi & Blueberry Smoothie: This has secret spinach hidden inside (muah-ha-ha).
- Banana Coffee Smoothie: The perfect pick-me-up!
Do you like this Avocado Berry Smoothie recipe? Drop a star rating below!
Avocado Berry Smoothie with Collagen
- 1 cup peaches frozen
- 1/3 cup frozen mixed berries plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup riced cauliflower frozen or fresh
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1-2 scoops collagen peptides optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes.
- If it's a little too thick, add a little more almond milk or water to thin it out.
- Divide between two glasses, top with a little more mixed berries, and enjoy!